InGame Recruitment Ltd
OUR CLIENT is a Company founded in 2010. They develop digital games for a diverse audience, and our broad games portfolio is enjoyed by almost 70 million people monthly. They are focused on realizing synergies by connecting and empowering game teams globally through our platform. We are a fast-growing company and an active global strategic acquirer. Our 1,500+ professionals thrive in an organization that embodies the spirit of entrepreneurship.
They are looking for a Data Engineer (all genders) with experience working with a heavily distributed and senior engineering group to join our Data Platform team to support group management, hubs, game studios, and strategic projects with data and analytics capabilities. The Data Platform is responsible for collecting and sharing insights from 23 game studios, finance systems, and 3rd party data vendors. High-level business value and use cases are defined, the architecture and systems (data management and visualization) are in place, and a technical team is gathered.
The Data Platform is a distributed team by design, operating with Open Source principles to empower the team and studios to contribute equally. Beyond the core team, the team collaborates on a weekly basis with the 23 studios in the portfolio to improve data quality and richness. The result is that the Data Platform is in the infancy of becoming a team, with a unique organizational design.
– Design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot DAGs written in Python and SQL
– Design, maintain, and troubleshoot data pipelines and events flowing from games, through web servers, into data warehouses
– Build data-driven tools for LiveOps and User Acquisition services
– Code review and validate SQL and Python supplied by peers
– Generate reports and analyze data to isolate and explain data irregularities using SQL
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Significant experience in commercial software development
- Previous professional experience in mobile gaming or user acquisition is a benefit
- Proficient in the use of Python and related data analysis libraries
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with TDD (test-driven development)
- Strong experience with Snowflake and Airflow, additional experience with Snowflake database management is a benefit
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Grafana, and Looker (and similar BI tools)
- Well acquainted with AWS
- Proven ability to develop clear, elegant, and maintainable code
- Communicate effectively with a cross-functional international team
- Fluent English, both verbal and written
Our client is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.